Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Meet Brandi Gossett


Brandi Gossett is joining us for the first time this year as a Spotlighted Artist and will be displaying her beautiful acrylic paintings at the Show on March 29th. Spotlighted Artists show up to three pieces of work at the expo. Read on to learn more about Brandi in her interview below!

Brandi Gossett of Rome, GA
Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself. 

I'm from Rome, born and raised. I have always been interested in art and beauty. I took private art lessons for 6 years from the Artist Workshop off of Broad Street. I just recently started getting back into my artwork. Out of all the things in life that have came my way, I always seem to come back to the one thing I truly love. Art.

Q: Please describe your work. What makes it different from other art in the same field?
Acrylic has always been a favorite of mine. I love colors. Taking something that may usually be dull and boring and making it a wonderland of colors.

Q: Can you tell us a little bit about the process your work goes through?
Usually I will see something or have an idea on something to do. Like most artist, usually my work will reflect how I may be feeling in my life at that moment. I'll start with drawing some ideas up, and then take it to the canvas and let my imagination run wild.

Q: What prompted you to become and artist?
My Dad was an amazing artist. I received my gift from him. Growing up it was always my favorite subject in school and I always made friends with all my art teachers. My dad passed away in 2010, and that's when I just knew I had to move forward with my gift. I want to make him proud.

Q: What is one of the biggest failures you have faced as an artist?
I originally wanted to go to Art School for illustration to do children books, but different things in my life wouldn't allow it. I consider that a huge failure for myself in my art career.

Q: What is one of your biggest successes as an artist?
To be honest I have never won awards or have been featured in anything. I am just stepping out into the art world and I'm gonna see where it takes me. I am more than blessed to be a part of the Starving Artist Expo this year! Thank you so much!

Q: Aside from creating, what is another passion of yours?
Beauty. I recently just graduated from cosmetology school. I have been interning in a few salons. Art and beauty are my two favorite things!

Q: Please share some humor you have found in your artistic endeavors.
A few years ago I wanted to branch out and try some sewing classes... I thought I was pretty good at it.. Thought! I made myself a skirt, went into town with it on, and the skirt starting ripping apart. So embarrassing! I'll stick to my painting!

Q: Is there anything else you would like to share with us about you?
I am very passionate about my art and art in general. I am very excited to see where it could take me!

No comments:

Post a Comment