Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Meet Gena Flanigen

Gena Flanigen is joining us for the first time this year as a Spotlighted Artist and will be displaying three of her photographs at the event. Gena specializes in wildlife photography and lately has been focusing on the Berry Eagles. 

Gena Flanigen, Rome,GA


Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I have lived in Rome all my life. Photography has been a hobby of mine for a few years, especially wildlife photography. I just started getting a little more serious about it in the past year. Photography is a passion for me and I do not want it to become a job.

Q: Please describe your work. What makes it different from other art in the same field?
I love wildlife photography, but recently with the arrival of the Berry College Eagles, I have spent more time on bird photography, especially the eagles.

Q: Can you tell us a little bit about the process your work goes through?
My "work" starts with a beautiful day taking various photographs. That is the fun part. I then download the pictures on my computer. The editing of pictures takes the most time and can be the least fun. But when I get a nice shot and with a little bit of editing it turns out pretty, it is almost like Christmas morning unwrapping a wonderful gift.

Q: What prompted you to become and artist?
Photography is just something I have to do. It is fun, it makes me happy and hopefully the pictures I take makes others happy as well.


Q: What is one of the biggest failures you have faced as an artist?
Not getting the shot!

Q: What is one of your biggest successes as an artist?
Getting the shot!

Q: Aside from creating, what is another passion of yours?
I enjoy being with family and friends, especially with other photographers. I love being able to going to church and worship in freedom. Running with my dogs on trails, walking with my parents, and  hiking with friends ..... just wonderful!

Q: Please share some humor you have found in your artistic endeavors.
Just being around other photographers is pretty humorous. Most of us are serious about getting nice shots, but we do enjoy each other's company and like to give each other a "hard time". The Canon Nikon debate is ever present and is pretty funny at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment