Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Calling All Musicians!

Hey musical types! We are looking for a couple of groups or solo artists to perform at the Artist Expo on November 11. Spots are 1 hours to 90 minutes long and only a few spots are available. 

Please email us at for details!

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Hey Talented Artists of all varieties!

Exciting News! The 2017 Artist Expo will take place on November 11, 2017 at the most fabulous Makervillage in the up and coming Arts District of Rome, Georgia!

Please find event details below and the application linked here.

Saturday, November 11, 10:00 am - 5 pm
Makervillage, 252 5th Ave, Rome, GA

APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 15, 2017


To be eligible for The Artist Expo, you must be the creator of your work, taking a material and making it something completely new and/or different.

Rules and Regulations:

Event will be held rain or shine. Cancellations after will result in loss of all fees. Featured Artists are responsible for collecting and remitting 7% GA sales tax. Featured Artists can set up Friday evening from 6:30- 8 and beginning at 8 a.m. on November 11th.  Artists should have booths ready by 10:00 a.m. and remain open until 5 p.m.


• Featured artists will receive an individual space for display approximately 8 ft wide. Featured artists are responsible for all booth display items. 

• Application fee is nonrefundable $10. Please pay through PayPal at Booth fee is $55 due upon notification of acceptance to the show.


• Spotlighted Artists will have the opportunity to display up to 5 items of work at the show. Items should be brought during set up times listed above.

• Attendance- though encouraged- is not required for the event duration as sales will be handled by the show volunteers. 

• Application fee is nonrefundable $10 and a 30% commission is charged on sold items. Artist retains remaining 70%.

Photo by Artist Ryan Smith


Musicians will play a 1-2 hour set. No application fee is required. Musicians may sell merchandise and collect tips.

-The Artist Expo Committee
IG: @theartistexpo_

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Announcing the 2016 Artist Expo Artists

Meet the 2016 Artist Expo Participants....

Presenting 2016 Featured Artists
Featured Artists will have a full selection of work for display in individual booths.

Gail Baxter
Bead woven/strung jewelry & ornaments

Stephanie Beckman
Handcrafted jewelry & wearable art

Heather Bryant

Julie River
Handmade Soaps, Scrubs and Lotions

Je Layne Hernandez
Natural Stone, Pearl & Crystal Jewelry

Lisa Ingram

Nadia Krasnoperova
Oil Paintings on Wood

Dale Levan
Acrylic Paintings in Victorian Frames

June Manis
Lampwork Jewelry

Jon Risley

Audrey Skaggs

Ryan Smith

Erin Spangler

Brandon Spangler
Metal Work

Phil and Lois Ward
Wood Work

Presenting 2016 Spotlighted Artists
Spotlighted artists will submit a limited selection of work to display gallery style at the event.

Jeff Brown
Wood Work

Sasha Egorova
Oil Paintings

John Johnston

Tobias Layman

Angela Vicente
Jewelry made from clay, crystals, beads & metal

Monday, February 1, 2016

Now Accepting Applications...

We are now accepting applications for the 5th Annual Artist Expo!

To be eligible, the applicant must be the creator of the work, taking a material and making it something completely new and/or different. Artists are welcome to share a booth and apply together. 

Don't forget to pay the application fee. The link to pay is to the left on this web page. 

email for more information

The Artist Expo

It's our 5th year at this endeavor.

This endeavor which is the wonderful pursuit of connecting artists with their community.

We started so small and hopeful, squeezing 12 aspiring visual artists and two musicians into a two bedroom home for an art show.

And it worked.

It worked year after year. And while we started with artists new to the scene, fresh in their pursuit of the arts, we now find our group to be a bit more varied. We've developed into a bit more seasoned bunch. We have artists straight out of college and artists enjoying their retirement. But most of all we have a group of very successful artists. Artists that are doing what they love and making a life out of it. Some are making a living out of it.

And so, for our 5th year for this annual event, we have a new name for our event that better sums up who we are. We are no longer starving artists. We are artists, plain and simple. Artists that are excited and ready to show what we've accomplished in this past year. What skills we've honed in these 12 months and products we've created.

So mark your calendars come on out to The 5th Annual Artist Expo.

April 16, 2016
10:30 a.m. -6 p.m.
Seven Hills Building
538 Broad Street
Rome, GA

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Meet Starving Artist Sasha Egorova

This year we are doing a little more in depth look at a couple of our artists. Check out this clip on long time Starving Artist Expo participant, Sasha Egorova.